An Award Worthy Bathroom

For those of you following our preemie saga on Facebook, thank you so very much for your prayers and kind words. We are blessed to have a wonderful support network, without which I don't know how I would still be functioning. We are so grateful for the Lord's provision during this season!

My big man and my little man. Joseph tipped the scales at 5 lbs at his weigh-in last night!
For those of you to whom this is news: My water broke at 30 weeks and our son Joseph was born at 30 weeks 4 days. He is now 2 weeks old and just shy of 33 weeks gestation. He's in the NICU and doing incredibly well. He won't be home for some time, but he quickly passed the important milestones of breathing and temp regulation! He's having a lot of "apnea of prematurity" spells and requires a feeding tube for nutrition. When he matures beyond both of those, likely in a few weeks, he'll be ready to come home!

Now I'll take a break in our regularly-scheduled programing to let you in on the endless joy that is our  master bathroom. Were there a contest for Worst 1st-World Bathroom, ours would surely be in the running!

When we bought our house about 6 months ago, we knew that the hideous master bathroom was on our short list of remodeling projects for no other reason that it was a nasty eyesore. Since we moved in, it has taken every possible opportunity to further its cause by disintegrating before our very eyes...and noses.

Being postpartum with a preemie, pumping around the clock and washing those supplies in that bathroom, make me keenly aware of all its gross issues.

This morning was another last straw. If you want to know how many last straws I've had, watch the video below. To the point, this morning I went dry my hair only to discover that the only outlet in the bathroom was dead. Not a blown fuse - yes I checked the fuse box - no, DEAD. (see post script below)

Well, that's all I needed to get this blog posted, so you can laugh and cry along with me. I took the video about a week ago, prior to the outlet failure.

And so, I present for your horror & enjoyment, our AWFUL bathroom:



P.S. Upon arriving home from an afternoon at the NICU, my brilliant husband went around testing outlets. We knew that the garage and deck outlets were also dead due to an overload by the construction crew who was doing stucco work, yesterday. We couldn't fathom how our bathroom would be on the same circuit, but left it as a possibility. Well, it turns out that the GFCI outlet in the kids bathroom had switched off and that outlet happened to be on the same circuit as ALL 3 problem outlets. How or why things are wired that way, is beyond me, but I'm no electrician. I'm just happy to be able to dry my hair!




Comments

the observer said…
That is something special :) our bathroom shares some of those woes, and has an avocado toilet with permastains. Feeling your pain! Tim the plumber says if a smell is coming from your drain after a day, it means you have a slow leak. It must be leaking out of the P-trap and, when enough water has leaked, allowing sewer gases to come in. So... Sorry :( I look forward to seeing some after photos!! God bless you and Joseph and all your home improvementing! Can't wait to see you this summer!

Popular posts from this blog

Eating to Thrive: the post for those who've asked

Riding Waves of Grace: Joey's Birth Story - PART II

Recipes, News, Stores and more... 7 Quick Takes