Traveler's Grace

I dislike flying as much as the next person - hurtling through the air in a claustrophobic missile - not my cup of tea. On the other hand, I enjoy the prospect of flying because I often see the hand of God a little more clearly than I do on a daily basis. Problems? Delays? Missed Flights? No money? No speak-a-the-language? No Problem. He's got it. He's God.

 I call this Traveler's Grace.

I could rattle of a few awesome stories for you, but that's a post for another time. This post is about how I'm feeling a whole lot of Traveler's Grace from the comfort of my recliner, in my living room. My living room that wasn't supposed to be mine anymore come Nov. 3rd, but is suddenly mine for an indeterminate amount of time longer.

We've outgrown our current house. After months of house-hunting, we found our dream home. It needs some serious work, but there's so much about it that is just amazingly dreamy. I definitely have a house-crush on that house. Big. Time.

We put our current house on the market and got a full-price offer 4 hours later. Maybe it was 5. You get the point. FAST. We were beyond thrilled. Everything was moving forward. Until it stopped. Cold. As these things occasionally do. Our buyer's financing fell through. I'm sure their hearts are breaking, too. I'm praying for them.

I'm a pessimist. That was my first explanation as to why I was so peaceful when I found out that not only were we not moving into our dream home in less than a week, but suddenly our buyers weren't our buyers anymore and we have to start from scratch selling our house. Staging, showing, leaving at a moment's notice with 4 kiddos (and it's getting cold - playgrounds aren't much of an option anymore). Peace. I was simply peaceful.

As we started picking up the pieces: cleaning, re-staging, putting the kiddo's bunkbed back together, I realized that the peace I was feeling had a particular flavor to it. I recognized it - peace tinged with a touch of adrenaline.

Traveler's Grace.

God is up to something. I don't know what, I don't know how, but I'm along for the ride and I get to see it play out. I'm excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating to Thrive: the post for those who've asked

Riding Waves of Grace: Joey's Birth Story - PART II

Recipes, News, Stores and more... 7 Quick Takes