Tuesday, What's For Dinner?

Tuesday is our busy day. Being a homeschooling mom, my idea of a busy day is when we leave the house more than once. I know. I'm spoiled.

One of these Tuesday outings is for dance lessons that end just as the dinner hour begins. Therefore, dinner must, for the sake of my sanity, be something that is crock-pot-able or otherwise long-cooking.

Today's dinner is from Like Mother Like DaughterAunt Leila's Boston Baked Beans 

I'm thrilled to say that this recipe is "everyone friendly" i.e., no allergens specific to our family. It's a rare treat to find a mainstream recipe that requires no modifications.

In other exciting news, I'm working on creating a dairy-nut-free cheese. This is one of my current obsessions. I feel it is the thing that distinguishes our meals from the meals of other families. I can not tell you how I would love to make a dish with cheese in it that our whole family can eat!

I am inclined to not share the recipe until I've perfected it. This is my first attempt and far from perfect. All you need to know about this is that it's made with raw pumpkin seed milk, hence the green color. The flavor is definitely too, well, green. For my next attempt I will try roasted pumpkin seeds.
PUMPKIN SEED MILK CURDS
Annie, one of my dairy-allergic kiddos, licked out the jar I used as a mold. I guess that says something, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating to Thrive: the post for those who've asked

Riding Waves of Grace: Joey's Birth Story - PART II

Recipes, News, Stores and more... 7 Quick Takes