When Something's Gotta Give

I've been thrilled to be able to donate some of my rosaries to good causes. Pictured here is an amethyst one that was recently snatched up in a silent auction for Saint Paul's Outreach. What is always surprising to me (though Mark is never surprised) is that they go for more than their value. This particular piece sold for over 60% more than its retail value. Another rosary in a different auction went for twice its retail value. It's pretty exciting to create something that is so highly valued! 


Needless to say, this is a life-giving creative outlet for me. I know Mark would appreciate it if they sold as well as they auction. I'm leaning towards marketing them to brick and mortar Catholic stores. In the meantime, I have a small collection of completed rosaries (including a twin of the pictured one, which happens to be $42). Feel free to contact me and I can let you know what I have available.

In other news, as the title of this post implies, I'm overwhelmed. School is about to start and I have a 1st grader, a kindergartener, a preschooler, and a not-quite-toddler. I'm quickly realizing that my role as teacher-momlady is going to fill the majority of the hours of my day, and I need to be ok with that. The kiddos just aren't at an age where they can self-teach. I have a feeling my jokes about hiding in the basement eating chocolate are going to resurface in reality in short order. Pray for me!

In a baby step of setting limits, I've stopped baking our own bread because Aldi loves me. And I love Aldi. I just discovered that they sell dairy/egg/soy-free wheat bread for 89 cents a loaf. Baking my own bread is not worth the 40 cent savings! Making sun butter for less than half the price - about a $3 savings - definitely worth it. 40 cents? Nope.

I'm in a season of learning my limits and how to work within them and not against them. Bread is only the beginning. Prayers are welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating to Thrive: the post for those who've asked

Riding Waves of Grace: Joey's Birth Story - PART II

Recipes, News, Stores and more... 7 Quick Takes