Tuesday, What's for Dinner?

Note: I'm having problems with this template, but parenthood calls. I'm posting this as-is.

Indian. At a restaurant. Today is our eighth wedding anniversary!

So, in lieu of sharing what I'm making for dinner tonight, I'd love to...

...Oh fudge, I need to go clean up some spilled milk. Dairy allergies take spilled milk to the next level. Call me haz-mat mommy.

...Ok, back on point. I'd love to spend a minute reflecting on some of the blessings of the past eight years.
  • Four beautiful children. Three of whom surprised us with their red hair! All four of whom fill our lives with experiences of all kinds: the good, the bad, the ugly and the hilarious.
  • Learning how to cook. Thanksgiving on our honeymoon was a disaster brought to you by a wife could only cook pasta, potatoes and eggs.
  • Bought, gutted and renovated the house of our dreams, largely thanks to my hubby who previously swore that if he never entered a home improvement store he would die a happy man.
Before: 1950s relic
Demo complete. 

Almost there...
Not a great pic, but you get the idea
















  • Raising a daughter who I was convinced was a chip off the old block until I started to hearing stories from my mother-in-law. I guess we were asking for trouble when we married each other. 
    • I should've taken note when, upon asking my dad for permission to court me, my dad told Mark, "I should warn you, she's stubborn." This was followed by the pre-wedding meeting of the in-laws, when Mark's parents shared with my parents that Mark was, well, stubborn. Fabby-do. Ready, Set, Beware.
  • Praying the rest of my family here to this beautiful frozen tundra that we call home.
  • Being married to my best friend, Meyers Briggs opposite, disc golf obsessed, incredibly intelligent, wise, holy and ridiculously handsome hubby.
See what I mean?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Waves of Grace: Joey's Birth Story - PART II

Surely Goodness and Mercy Shall Follow Me...

Eating to Thrive: the post for those who've asked