Note: I'm having problems with this template, but parenthood calls. I'm posting this as-is.
Indian. At a restaurant. Today is our eighth wedding anniversary!
So, in lieu of sharing what I'm making for dinner tonight, I'd love to...
...Oh fudge, I need to go clean up some spilled milk. Dairy allergies take spilled milk to the next level. Call me haz-mat mommy.
...Ok, back on point. I'd love to spend a minute reflecting on some of the blessings of the past eight years.
- Four beautiful children. Three of whom surprised us with their red hair! All four of whom fill our lives with experiences of all kinds: the good, the bad, the ugly and the hilarious.
- Learning how to cook. Thanksgiving on our honeymoon was a disaster brought to you by a wife could only cook pasta, potatoes and eggs.
- Bought, gutted and renovated the house of our dreams, largely thanks to my hubby who previously swore that if he never entered a home improvement store he would die a happy man.
- Raising a daughter who I was convinced was a chip off the old block until I started to hearing stories from my mother-in-law. I guess we were asking for trouble when we married each other.
- I should've taken note when, upon asking my dad for permission to court me, my dad told Mark, "I should warn you, she's stubborn." This was followed by the pre-wedding meeting of the in-laws, when Mark's parents shared with my parents that Mark was, well, stubborn. Fabby-do. Ready, Set, Beware.
- Praying the rest of my family here to this beautiful frozen tundra that we call home.
- Being married to my best friend, Meyers Briggs opposite, disc golf obsessed, incredibly intelligent, wise, holy and ridiculously handsome hubby.
|See what I mean?|