Too Good Not to Share IMMEDIATELY


What is it? Sunflower Seed Tofu Taco-seasoned Dip.

I know the hater's gonna hate, but hear me out! It's uber-creamy, flavorful and *does not* taste like sunflower seeds or tofu. It has the same consistency and flavor of any cream cheese/sour cream dip,  perhaps minus the zing that those cultured products impart.


I have picky eaters. These two, especially the handsome guy on the left, regularly spend up to an hour avoiding eating at meals. With that in mind, I think the picture speaks for itself.

I'm so excited to share this process with you, but alas, no time right now. In the meantime, I'd love suggestions of other things to try with this "cream cheese." I'm thinking some savory, some sweet. The key to this is that it has to have enough flavor to cover a mild/bland sunflower flavor. Perhaps some maple syrup for dipping frut, I bet I could add melted chocolate for a chocolate ganache of sorts, more savory flavors for dips. Oooooo, so much to try! I can hardly wait!

P.S. Here it is: Chocolate Ganache. It's the consistency of a thick pudding. It has the faintest nutty flavor, like a hint of hazelnut. Soooooooo good!


I gave Mark a small spoonful of each as he walked in the door from work. All I told him was that one was a taco-dip and the other was chocolate ganache. He loved both of them. He couldn't believe they were made with sunflower seed tofu. Win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating to Thrive: the post for those who've asked

Riding Waves of Grace: Joey's Birth Story - PART II

Recipes, News, Stores and more... 7 Quick Takes